I will not be seeing the movie "50 Shades of Grey" when it opens, or ever.
Here are my reasons why.
1. I do not want my husband to watch porn, so why should I? Yes its in a theater and alot is edited, but I would not want him to watch a male version of this movie.
2. Making domestic sexual abuse glamorous, does nothing to empower women.
3. “Some of the Red Room stuff was uncomfortable,” Jamie Dornan said in an interview with Glamour about scenes with co-star Dakota Johnson. “There were times when Dakota was not wearing much, and I had to do stuff to her that I’d never choose to do to a woman.” When the male star of the movie says this, it should speak volumes to people.
4. There is a difference between abuse and real BDSM that couples enjoy in the privacy of their own homes. This movie, as well as the book, lacks the discerning line that is drawn between them. Those in the BDSM community have loudly criticized the book and movie for not portraying the lifestyle correctly or accurately.
5. The book is fiction. I believe it should have stayed in the book. I did read about half of the book, but it got to be a bit much for me. Again, I don't want my husband to read porn, so why should it be ok for me to????
I am not a prude. I have 7 children so I do know about "things". I believe what happens in the bedroom, should stay in the bedroom. I will not share more than that! I do not want to see the sexual part of this movie. I wish to keep Mr Grey out of my head while I am with my husband.