Honestly, I didn't think the kids would like any variation from my moms recipe for Molasses Cookies but to my surprise they all liked them! They have a spicier kick in them then normal Molasses Cookies but they are so good! I had to hide them to make sure they lasted more than an hour! And, I made my own variation of All Spice since I didn't have any on hand. I am including that mixture at the bottom of the post just in case anyone else would like to try it!
- 2 1/3 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c sugar (for rolling dough balls)
- In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and molasses.
- Add egg and continue to mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add dry mix to the butter mix . Mix until flour in no longer seen.
- Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in freezer for 30 min.
- After freezing, remove from wrap and roll into small balls.
- Roll in the sugar and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 until bottoms look browned. The tops will still feel soft, but that is ok. It should be that way.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar. Remove from sheet and put on cooling rack.
**My all Spice Recipe is: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Combine all and use needed amount.**
Post a Comment